Spain- sending stuff by post

...not any cards..shame on me...I have them though for the combined-card-delivery for xmas.

Since I am trying to learn how to travel lighter and see how much we actually need, I wanted to send some things to Norway. It is a little embarassing that we still have so much stuff, but the road is built one step at a time right. I wont even mention the 2 big containers with stuff that just sits there on a farm somewhere......
Well, so my journey to figure out how to send stuff easiest and most affordable began. I found some online stores that could pick up and deliver for you, but since I am not known to take the easy road I went to the local spanish post office. As I look at these pictures I can see why the apartment felt a little like a cave without light......
First I went to the post office to get some information about the process and buy a box. The lady told me that this box up to 20kg would cost just below 80 euros. It didnt. It costed over 90 euros. And thank you to the kind man that helped me get this box to the post office :p I am so glad my stubbornness didnt win this battle...and I wonder why the body has been worn down.

Anyway. First. 
Remember to empty your toys of any batteries. I stood there in the post office with this box opened, (you see all that tape? I had to cut it all up and the box popped like a stuffed pinjata) to take the batteries out of the RC- car and at the same time not let the NERF- guns fall out and create a situation involving men in green with real weapons. 

I also recommend having both the from- and to- address with phone numbers written on a piece of paper. They register everything online. 

Same with the spanish words for whats in the box and how many items. 
When you go to the post office to send you pull the ticket for ENVIAR. 

Big box 19kg was 91 euros
Medium box 9,7kg was 45 euros
(if my memory isn't totally off)





And just something to really show how bad the pics from inside were. LoL

Comments

Popular Posts